If I publish this post before the end of January, it’s not completely irrelevant right?? 2017 was a year of adventure. From our 4-week road trip to our move to Los Angeles. The year was also filled with highs and lows. Our first vacation without kids. Feeling overwhelmed as a mother. Seeing Lawson and Sybil bond. Sleep deprivation. Missing my girlfriends.
I love to recap the year as much as a reminder to me of the moments, both big and small, that unfolded. I hope you enjoy my best of 2017!
- My parents came to visit and I took full advantage of free babysitters
- I organized my first blog link-up focusing on my best purchase of 2016
- I shared my 101 in 1001 list. I crossed off a big one last weekend!
- I went to Palm Springs for Alt Summit with Lawson, Sybil and my parents tagged along to watch them during the conference
- We enjoyed the Arizona winter with lots of trips to the park
- Sybil took her first flight when we went to the east coast to visit Jim’s family
- We quickly followed that trip up with another one to California where Jim and his dad golfed Pebble Beach
- I shot some of my favorite outfits photos with Jessica starting with this navy blazer
- I wrote a post for Mitera Collection talking about my decision to freeze my eggs
- We headed to Minnesota for my grandmother’s funeral where I had the privilege of giving her eulogy
- My baby turned two!
- We were busy planning our road trip!
- Celebrated my 3rd mother’s day with donuts for breakfast and was showered with gifts (the softest pajamas and the cardholder I use every day monogrammed with MOM #basic)
- We headed out of Phoenix on a four-week road trip, mini van and all!
- Sybil started crawling in a hotel room on the coast of California
- On the first week of the trip, Jim was accepted into the MBA program at the University of Southern California!
- I joined RewardStyle, an affiliate marketing program I’d been applying to for years
- We met my parents and brother in Bend, Oregon for a week at the end of our road trip
- Sybil added standing to her list of developmental milestones and Lawson watched his first movie, Moana
- Jim started commuting to Los Angeles for school
- We purged, packed up our house and said goodbye to Arizona
- Lawson, Sybil and I spent three weeks in Minnesota
- We all got dressed up and Sybil attended her first wedding
- I celebrated my birthday at lunch with my family and had the best iced chai of my life (on the solar eclipse!)
- We officially became residents of LA
- Our little lady Sybil turned one and started walking soon after!
- I had a hard time transitioning to LA. I missed my friends and struggled to figure out what makes me happy
- I got the new iPhone and took even more photos than I already did before (the camera is so good on the 8 Plus)
- In Operation Restore My Sanity, I spent my first night away from Sybil when my girlfriend came to LA and we spent 24 hours without kids
- Lawson turned 2 1/2 and I wrote a letter to him
- My mom and girlfriend visited while Jim was on a school trip for 10 days
- We dressed up for halloween for the first time
- We drove to Santa Clara and got to spend a few hours with Jim’s brother and his wife
- Jim and I left the kids with our mothers for a mini-vacation in Ojai Valley
- We spent Thanksgiving morning at Santa Monica beach and cooked our first turkey (with lots of help from Jim’s mom)
- I flew to Phoenix to join my friends for our annual holiday girl’s night. Gosh, I miss those four so very much
- We drove to Arizona to spend Christmas with Jim’s dad and family
- Jim and I went on a hot air balloon tour followed by a dinner in the desert
- We finished the year on a low point with all four of us getting sick