It’s my favorite sale of the year! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public today. Get your online cart ready!
At this point I’m sure you’ve already seen it all over social media and have probably placed an order or two of your own. With graduation and moving this week, I’ve sadly been behind my usual pace.
I’ve gone through almost every item to pick out my favorites. Rather than inundate you with them in a blog post, I created a specific Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shop where you can sort by clothing, shoes & accessories, beauty & home, men’s and kids. A few tips for shopping the sale…
- Stock up on things you need but don’t like to buy. For me this includes my go to everyday bra, Hanky Panky thongs and a new sports bra.
- Focus on the basics that you wear everyday. A new pair of jeans, tee shirts and the best leggings according to 3,000+ reviewers.
- Invest in 1-2 pieces that are a splurge but you’ll have for years to come.
- Don’t forget the rest of your crew. I always buy a pair of sneakers for Lawson and check out their winter coats. I’m bummed I missed out on the Patagonia Better Sweater for kids. It sold out in hours but I’ll keep checking to see if it gets restocked.
- Don’t get stressed! If an item is out of stock or you miss out on the sale, don’t worry about it. Whatever doesn’t sell out usually goes on sale for the same price in 2 months.
Last year I bought and returned a long sweater cardigan. It can be hard to shop for fall and winter in the middle of July, but I’ve regretted that return for the past 10 months!
To be honest, I don’t know how much I’ll be picking up this year (other than thesneakers I already got for Lawson). With our move and no income, it doesn’t seem particularly responsible to spend $$$ right now.
That being said, these are my top 10 favorites from the sale.
- Swell Traveler Bottle – I got this bottle for Christmas and have used it every single day since. I’ve never seen Swell on sale so use this opportunity to grab one at a discount.
- RMS Beauty Glowing Set – I generally gloss over the beauty exclusives since I try to only buy cleaner products. This year I was thrilled to see both Tata Harper and RMS Beauty included in the sale. The RMS Living Luminizer is one of those cult products that I’ve wanted to try for ages and it’s included in this set.
- Nike Kids Sneakers – Lawson gets one pair of sneakers for fall/winter and a pair of sandals for summer. I use the sale to grab his sneakers at a discount and put them away until fall.
- Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Pullover – Jim and I each have one of the Patagonia Better Sweater jackets. This pullover is another great option. It would be perfect for Denver don’t you think??
- Good Man Sneakers (more colors here) – Sneakers are a necessity for guys and this is a new to me brand that looks very promising.
- Halogen Open Front Cardigan – This is the type of cardigan I wish I had in my closet. It comes in 7 colors and petite sizing.
- Zella High Waist Leggings – almost 4,000 reviewers can’t be wrong. I did read the crop version are much more sheer so would avoid those.
- Natori Feathers Bra – My everyday bra I own in 2 colors – a light grey and black.
- Hanky Panky Low Rise Thongs – I always use the sale to replenish my stock.
- Vince Camuto Peep Toe Bootie – A friend of mine has the cutest peep toe booties that look similar to these. At under $100, it’s a great price for boots you can wear now and into the fall!
Have you bought anything from the sale yet? Leave a comment with your favorites and don’t forget to check out my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shop!