Happy #fbf to Lawson’s first anniversary sale last year! I have to say it was a liiiiitle easier shopping with him last year. We lasted all of an hour yesterday. He shares my love of shopping for 30 minutes and then he’s ready to move. I can’t say I blame him. More on my Nordstrom Anniversary sale early access picks below!
This week was my first full week of twice weekly doctor appointments. I had an ultrasound on Monday. Our little girl looks great. She’s measuring at 5 pounds, which is almost a full pound ahead of what my app says for 33 weeks. Yikes! My levels of amniotic fluid are at the upper end of the normal range. When I was pregnant with Lawson I was always worried about not having enough amniotic fluid. I didn’t know too much could be a bad sign. My doctor isn’t concerned yet and we’ll monitor it each Monday. She also has flipped to be laying across me and is no longer head down. Since I have a c-section scheduled, it isn’t a concern but it does explain her crazy movements!
This weekend I’m headed to LA for a quick shopping and eating trip. I’m excited to enjoy the cooler weather, eat, drink and shop! It will be my first night away from Lawson since he was born 15 months ago. I figure it’s prep for leaving him at the end of August for several nights while I’m in the hospital with his little sister. I expect to be a little sad, but I know he’s in great hands with Jim. I can’t wait to see all the fun they have without me!
Alright, on to my Nordstrom Anniversary sale early access picks!
SHOPPING – NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE TOP 5
The Nordstrom anniversary early access opened yesterday. There are thousands of items on sale for men, women, kids and home. The sale is unique as it’s all items for fall that are on sale before the season starts. I’ve been through a lot of them and rounded up my top 5. I’ll have a much bigger list of favorites for you next Wednesday before it opens to the public on July 22nd.
- It’s a great time to stock up on jeans that typically don’t go on sale. AG jeans are some of my favorites because they are so soft. The AG the legging ankle jean with slight distressing would be a great addition to your closet (sale $163.90, after sale $245). For a darker wash, I’m trying out the Rag & Bone The Skinny jean (sale $164.90, after sale $250). The unfinished hem is different than others in my wardrobe, but the dark wash keeps it appropriate for all occasions. Last, I’ve heard rave reviews about Frame denim and saw the Le Skinny de Jeanne in store yesterday (sale $139.90, after sale $209). They are a great color and super soft.
- We have an Ergobaby carrier that we used a ton when Lawson was younger. My only wish is we would have gotten the Ergobaby 360 baby carrier (sale $106.90, after sale $160) as it allows the baby to face in or out (the regular Ergo they only face in). I think we would have gotten even more use out of this one.
- I got a Patagonia Better Sweater Jacket for Christmas last year (sale $99.90, after sale $139) and proceeded to wear it for the next 3 months. It’s perfect for when it’s a little cool inside and wearing to and from the gym.
- Lace up flats were huge this spring and continue to be a trend this fall and winter. The Halogen Owen Pointy Toe flat comes in 5 different colors, including this leopard pair (sale $59.90, after sale $89.95). They get great reviews and the price is right to give the trend a try. If you’re ready to splurge, Stuart Weitzman also has a pair of lace up flats (sale $249.90, after sale $398).
- My favorite bra is usually included in the sale and this year is no exception. The Natori Feathers underwire contour bra is hands down my go to (sale $44.90, after sale $68). This year it comes in 9 colors. I’m in need of a new black one, which seems a little boring. You can never go wrong with black though, right?!
If you’re shopping early access, let me know what you picked up!
PS. LET’S BE FRIENDS!