This is a very niche post all about The Defined Dish, my go to cookbook. I reach for it more than any other cookbook that I own and make a dinner from it at least once a week. I love it so much that I’ve gifted it more than five times and have already pre-ordered Alex’s upcoming cookbook!
Besides the fact that all the recipes I’ve tried taste great, I love how easy they are to prepare. I don’t have to buy a ton of ingredients or spend multiple hours in the kitchen. Most can be made Whole30 or Paleo, which is indicated on each recipe.
Today I wanted to share a few of our favorite recipes from The Defined Dish (along with the corresponding page number for easy reference). I’m always messaging my friends and family whenever I try another recipe. Now they will all be in one place!
If you’re embarking on Whole30, you might find this post helpful: Whole30 Resources & Tips
Our Favorite Recipes from The Defined Dish
- Skillet Chicken Piccata (p.15)
- The Best Grain-Free Chicken No-Parmesan (p.37) – This is Lawson’s favorite meal. He requested it for his birthday!
- Crispy Slow Cooker Carnitas (p.49)
- Enchiladas con Carne (p.63) – Another family favorite. I’ve also made it to give to friends in need of a little love and a meal. Tip 1: the recipe says to dip the tortillas in the sauce, which is quite messy. I spoon and spread some on each side of the tortilla – still messy, but easier. Another friend forgoes the dipping altogether and just pours the sauce on top. Tip 2: make a double batch of the meat mixture and freeze half for another time. Your future self will thank you.
- One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice (p.68)
- Turkey Taco Skillet Bake (p.71)
- Green Chicken Curry (p.89)
- Chopped Muffuletta Salad (p.115)
- Hamburger Salad with Creamy Jalapeño Dressing (p.116) – The jalapeño dressing is delicious. I actually look forward to eating my burger as a salad. I use the leftovers with a BLT salad.
- Lemony Greek Potatoes with Crispy Greek Chicken Thighs (p.161) – I’ve made without the lemon juice and think it’s just as good.
- Mediterraean Fish en Papillote (p.174)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala (p.188) – I had never tried Indian food. Turns out this is a perfect meal for a cool winter day.
- Meatloaf Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans (p.243) – We love the meatballs, but are so-so on the sauce. Now I make the meatballs and just put a Whole30 BBQ sauce on top. Turns an easy recipe into an even easier one.
- One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Pasta (p.254)
The Recipes I Plan to Try Next
- Perfect Whole30 Italian Meatballs in Marinara Sauce (p.12)
- Weeknight Lamb Bolognese (p.26)
- Indian-Style Vegetable Curry (p.203)
- Pan-Roasted Blackened Cajun Chicken with Oven Frites (p.226)
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket with Quick-and-Easy Coleslaw (p.261)